Saturday, June 21, 2008

Indiatimes Shopping... Terrible

This must be the worst ever experience of shopping online. I used to shop quite frequently online through www.indiatimes.com earlier. Mostly books, music and gifts. I have had occasional problems earlier too like minor payment issues, non delivery of an order and no redressal thereafter, etc. For these reasons I stopped shopping completely through indiatimes.

Yesterday it so happened that I wanted to surprise my wife with a bouquet of flowers and ordered them online through indiatimes. I saw the image of a lovely buoquet (above right) of chrysanthemums, price tag Rs. 395/-, ordered and paid online. What my wife did receive later was a bouquet (below right) of 8 chrysanthemums packed shabbily in newspaper (no basket) with a cheap flimsy card (the type one puts on a gift after wrapping) that said in illegible Hinglish " FROM समीर खुल्लर". Further, there was no confirmation of the delivery to the sender (I am still waiting for it).

Though indiatimes is responsible for all the products they sell through their site it would be unfair to leave the seller out of this. This vendor goes by the name of "Expressions". Please beware of indiatimes as a place to shop and of course of the vendor - expressions, as well...

3 comments:

Sameer Khullar said...

would like to add here that I did get a confirmation call after about 15 days. An uninterested voice querying about delivery. Nothing about if I was satisfied, was the product good, etc. Last nail in the coffin...

Anonymous said...

Indiatimes shopping sucks. I've tried it and it is quite obviously lacking direction in the form of thought through processes and customer service guidelines.

I do my shopping on amazon now.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA... I'm on floor.

Hey Sameer, Sid knows how HARSH CRITIC I am. And really type n speak out, WHAT I DON'T LIKE! Doesn't matter if the receiving end doesn't like it, that's the ONLY way they LISTEN.

I too have kinda same treatment from indiatimes.com. BUT, I really enjoyed it.

I ordered a toolkit from Indiatimes, even though, I was aware of their customer service from experiences of other customers who had shared it on thousands of blogs. Still I did it.

Man, the case/briefcase of the toolkit was in a condition, like the handler was either Jim Carrey in Ace Ventura or a team had played soccer with it, also 3-4 tools were out of the box when I tear opened the plastic packing.
There's a lot more, you'll have to see pics, wanna see?

But, I enjoyed what happened after that, I made an immediate complaint and for next thirty days I kept getting calls from them about replacement and in turn got 2 more exactly same tool kits. ;)

BTW, I had the exact flower delivery experience from HOMESHOP18, vendor You'll be surprised to know Ferns n Petals.

It was Rose bouquet for my Girlfriend on Valentines day.
I order 12 Red roses, they sent 6 Pink and 6 Yellow. Man! now that was my girl and it was like playin with my feelings. I made a complaint after my GF received them, n called to asked If i had sent Yellow n Pink flowers.

I made complaint at 8:30 AM, excuse was there is shortage of Red roses. Hello, I did not place order online and on 13th night. I placed order 2 day before at 9 AM, with your female customer care executive.

Another corrected order of bouquet of 12 Roses was delivered within 15 minutes.

I was in New Delhi, she was in Chennai. The manager there called me to confirm, and was almost on his knees begin for pardon. That's another story, HOW n WHY? ;)

Same my friend did, when his Bro-in-law(in US) send flowers & Cake for their marriage anniversary. Order came from some flower shop n cake from Otik in Noida. Man one look and that cakes' photos n u'll know how much my friend got angry. Same was done to correct only this time he called his bro-in-law.

WHY don't you guys complaint? This is the reason we Indian customers are treated as SHIT!